Going for counselling can be a daunting prospect, especially when you are sitting in a problem-saturated situation. My clients often start the conversation with stating that they “don’t even know where to start”.
The good news is that there is go correct or wrong place to start our conversation. The fact that you made your appointment is already a leap in the right direction. Coming to get guidance, support or counselling takes courage and determination to become well.
In the centre of the diagram is the crisis point where you experience unwellness is as an uncomfortable or even unbearable burden. Each client has a unique perception of his or her crisis point. This crisis point can be the result of a single overwhelming incident or a series of traumatic experiences.
My Wholistic Wellness Coaching Model allow us to work towards solutions on the different levels where the unwellness manifests. Some clients need guidance in one or two areas, while others’ steadily build wellness in every area.
The good news is that you can become whole and well. Counselling and coaching is not a one size-fits-all approach, but this model gives you the opportunity to assess where you are at a moment in your life and then plan which areas need healing, breakthroughs and enhancement.
When you make an appointment, you get the forms before your appointment and this diagram gives you clear indication of the goals in the coaching process. No more uncertainty of where to start.
The coaching model allows you to work with your exceptional story; set you unique solutions focused goals in order to achieve greater wellbeing – after each session.
- Parent Category: About
Bio Barbara Louw (PhD)
Dr Barbara Louw works as a Traumatologist, registered specialist wellness- and pastoral counsellor. Her professional registration falls under CPSC and ACRP. Her postgraduate studies included an investigation of the use narrative therapy with victims of sexual violations (Master’s in Sociology) and posttraumatic embitterment disorder - PhD in Counselling. She also holds a PhD in Wellness and Folk Medicine. As a renowned author, speaker and training facilitator, Dr Barbara started her journey in the helping profession as an ordained minister. She started a non-profit organisation, Inter Trauma Nexus, in 1998 with the sole purpose of bringing hope to victims of crime.
- Parent Category: News
2 Online Workshop are now available!
- Adhering to Ethics made Practical(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Basic Trauma Support when working with Children(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Basic Trauma Support when working with Adults(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Trauma Relief for Management(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Victim Empowerment (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Wellness and Self-care(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Embitterment in the Workplace(CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Hope and Embitterment(CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Bitterness, Revenge and Resiliency(CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Wholistic Wellness Model for Counsellors(CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Financial Literacy Programme (Sponsored)
- Business Management for Counselling Practice(CPSC 3 CPD points)
- Risk Management for Practice(CPSC 2 CPD points)
- Emotional First Aid for Trauma Responders(CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Professionalism and Professional Bodies (CPSC 2 CPD points)
- Cultural Diversity and Sensitive Support(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Roles and Responsibilities when serving on Board and Committees(SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Principles of Coaching and Mentoring (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Addressing Bullying - Online Workshop (SACE 5 CPTD points/CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Dealing with Cyberbullying - Online Workshop (SACE 5 CPTD points/CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Basic Trauma Support with Children will link with the childrens’ book series and accompanying therapeutic tools for working with children, authored and illustrated by Dr Barbara Louw, that will be launched soon.
The fee for a 4-hour workshop will be R 400. This will include:
- Registration on our learner management system and access to the system for a year.
- Opportunity to attend the workshop and network with colleagues.
- Workshop notes in the format of an eBook that will be downloadable before the workshop commences.
- The CPD/attendance certificate/confirmation letter for the employer will be downloadable within 48 hours after the workshop. This will enable you to upload your CPD points timeously with your professional body, according to the T&C of that institution.
- Access to webinars, additional resources and recommended media.
- Payments will be processed via Payfast, which includes the possibility to make recurring payments to suit your budget.
The aforementioned workshops are aimed at expanding the professional development of pastors, teachers, social workers, health care workers, psychologists, police and law enforcement members, criminologists, counsellors, as well as human resource – and employee assistance practitioners. Other beneficiaries will include volunteers, students and communities who are passionate about help others.
Werkswinkels is ook in Afrikaans beskikbaar.
We have 76 guests and no members online